In its early years (early 1900s), the City of San Benito hosted a festive parade for the townspeople and called it the Cabbage Day Parade. One year, the parade featured a Hog Waddle - a hog parade spectacle of 2,000 hogs; which filled the streets for four blocks. The snort march down San Benito's main road ended in a hog dash when someone fired a celebratory shot from a pistol into the air resulting in the hogs scattering in all directions. It took three days to round-up the hogs, making the
Hog Waddle but a good old memory in San Benito's history book.
Join us for the Third Annual Hog Waddle Country Concert & Cook-Off for a day of food & craft vendors, games & family activities, cold beverages, and an evening concert under the stars with the best country and tejano music in south Texas!
Don't miss it!
Admission is FREE!
Coming from McAllen, TX / Harlingen, TX
1. Get on I-2 / US-83 E
2. Continue on I-2 / US-83 E to San Benito
3. Take exit 18 toward Farm to Market 732 / Line M Rd from I-69 E S/US-77 S / US-83 S
4. Turn left onto FM 732 / FM 510 to Cesar Gonzalez
Coming from Brownsville, TX
1. Get on I-69 E N / US-77 N / US-83 N
2. Take the US-77 BUS exit from I-69 E N/US-77 N / US-83 N
3. Turn right onto FM 510 and continue to Cesar Gonzalez and turn left
Cesar Gonzales, San Benito, Texas 78586, United States
Nikki Serrano, Admin Assist. Cultural Arts Department
250 E. Heywood St.
San Benito, TX 78586
250 East Heywood Street, San Benito, Texas 78586, United States
Copyright © 2020 San Benito Events - All Rights Reserved.