In its early years (early 1900s), the City of San Benito hosted a festive parade for the townspeople and called it the Cabbage Day Parade. One year, the parade featured a Hog Waddle - a hog parade spectacle of 2,000 hogs; which filled the streets for four blocks. The snort march down San Benito's main road ended in a hog dash when someone fired a celebratory shot from a pistol into the air resulting in the hogs scattering in all directions. It took three days to round-up the hogs, making the
Hog Waddle but a good old memory in San Benito's history book.
Join us for the First Annual Hog Waddle Country Concert & Cook-Off for a day of food & craft vendors, games & family activities, cold beverages, and an evening concert under the stars with the best country music in Texas!
Coming from McAllen, TX / Harlingen, TX
1. Get on I-2 / US-83 E
2. Continue on I-2 / US-83 E to San Benito
3. Take exit 18 toward Farm to Market 732 / Line M Rd from I-69 E S/US-77 S / US-83 S
4. Turn left onto FM 732 / FM 510 to Cesar Gonzalez
Coming from Brownsville, TX
1. Get on I-69 E N / US-77 N / US-83 N
2. Take the US-77 BUS exit from I-69 E N/US-77 N / US-83 N
3. Turn right onto FM 510 and continue to Cesar Gonzalez and turn left
Cesar Gonzales, San Benito, Texas 78586, United States
For Vendor Information:
Abby Cantu, Parks & Recreation Admin. Asst.
For Sponsorship Information:
Art Garza, Director of Operations
For Sponsorship and BBQ Cooker Information:
Luis Contreras, Cultural Arts Director
Copyright © 2019 San Benito Events - All Rights Reserved.